Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 29

Vaccination day! Yup, Colby had his first set of shots today and he did great. He screamed for about 30 seconds and that was it. He took it like a man. 

This is before we left home this morning. He's smiling because he doesn't know what is about to happen.


And amazingly, this is what he looked like when we got back home a few hours later. He was doing great and cooing at me.


My poor baby got 3 shots - 2 in one thigh, 1 in the other. And look at those green socks. Are those...John Deere?
 

 Why, yes. Yes they are. Courtesy of his grandpa.


And speaking of his grandpa, I just had to show off these cute pics. Here I am on his lap in 1975 and 35 years later, my little clone (albeit a significantly rounder version of me) is sitting on his lap as well. And don't let grandpa fool you, I'm sure he's got a full head of hair still, he just likes his baseball cap.


OK, wait a minute. We're back home from dinner and the good mood has faded. I think we have a post-vaccination, slightly feverish, fussy baby on our hands.


He calmed down a little. Just waiting for that 2nd dose of Motrin to kick in.


Alright, a little bit better now.


After a nice long nap on me, he woke up feeling pretty good. No more fever, for now at least, and this boy is wide awake.


It's going to be another late night with him, I think. At least he's happy right now.

"It's been a rough day, Daddy. Wish you were here. 'Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment